Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Directing Actors" Shoot - Photos from the Set

Hello All!

Last Sunday we shot my project for our weekly "Directing Actors" workshop.  I chose to direct a pivotal scene from American Beauty.  With the talent of a couple wonderful actors, my cinematographer, classmates acting as production assistants, and Jesse's gorgeous house, we recreated a charged moment between the mid-life crisis-ing (yes, I just made that a verb) Lester and his uptight wife, Carolyn.  

We started the day doing glamorous location duties--picking up piles of dog poop in the backyard--and ended the day sweating in the hot heat of the Valley.  But all in all it was lots of work, lots of fun, and a really invaluable experience.



My DP (Director of Photography), Tim Merrill and I.





The very talented Chris Connell (as Lester) and Lucy Egerton (as Carolyn).





Can't wait for the next project!

Cheers,
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment